Swoop and Stu's Reading Club is a fun, incentive-based reading program that gives students the chance to earn weekly prizes through the South Bend Cubs. The program kicks off on March 4 in accordance with National Reading Month and will last throughout the month.
Each goal corresponds with a base on a baseball diamond. Students will be rewarded with prizes from the South Bend Cubs and local businesses for each goal completed. After students complete all four bases, they will receive a complimentary ticket to a South Bend Cubs home game, valid for your school's Reading Club Night. In 2023, over 37,000 students participated in the program across 140 schools.
- Increase literacy in area schools.
- Teachers have the flexibility to design the program to meet their students' needs.
- Students are provided with incentive prizes as added encouragement.
- A FREE South Bend Cubs game ticket is awarded to each teacher as well as to all students who meet their reading goals
The timeline for the 2024 program is as follows:
- February 7 - DEADLINE TO SIGN UP YOUR SCHOOL
- February 26 through 28 - Packets delivered to schools
- March 4 through 10 - Week One
- March 11 through 17 - Week Two
- March 18 through 24 - Week Three
- March 25 through 31 - Week Four
Schools interested in participating can register by clicking the link below. Anyone with questions can contact Reading Club Coordinator Jake Klimcak by emailing [email protected].