The Salem Avalanche (Colorado Rockies affiliate) play the first game at Salem Memoirial Ballpark, Salem, VA's brand-new 6,421 capacity stadium, on August 7, 1995. The Avalanche faced off against the Frederick Keys in a 3-2 win in 15 innings.
Salem Memorial Ballpark has endured two nickname changes (Avalanche, Red Sox) and three affiliation changes (Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros, Boston Red Sox) from 1995 - present.
The field at Salem Memorial Ballpark was named Haley Toyota Field on March 30, 2017.
Salem Memorial Ballpark changed its name to Carilion Clinc Field April 7, 2022.
Salem Memorial Ballpark is one of the larger ballparks in the Carolina League and has a gorgeous view of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the distance over the right field wall. This makes Salem Memorial Ballpark one of the best views in Minor League Baseball and giving you a ballgame with a view!
10. Saturday, July 11, 2018 (6851) vs Carolina
9. Saturday, July 29, 2006 (6,969) vs Frederick
8. Saturday, June 19, 2004 (6,980) vs Lynchburg
7. Friday, June 17, 2005 (7,026) vs Lynchburg
6. Friday, July 17, 2015 (7,059) vs Lynchburg
5. Saturday June 3, 2017 (7,515) vs Frederick
4. Saturday, August 30, 1997 (7,941) vs Lynchburg
3. Saturday, June 28, 1997 (8,389) vs Durham
2. Friday, May 19, 2017 (8,847) vs Myrtle Beach
1. Saturday, May 12, 2018 (8,856) vs Lynchburg
1008 Texas Street, Salem, VA 24153
Take the Franklin Road exit towards Salem and Tanglewood Mall.
Follow 419 past Brambleton Avenue and Apperson Drive (about 8 miles).
Take a left at Boulevard (Wilco on the corner).
Follow Boulevard 1/4 mile to ballpark on right.
Stadium is next to Salem Civic Center & Football Stadium.
Take Salem exit 141, Route 419 towards Salem.
Follow 419 through four traffic lights (passing Lakeside Shopping Plaza on right).
Bear to the right on to Texas Street (Alt. 460/11).
Follow about 1/4 of a mile to ballpark on the left (next to football stadium and Salem Civic Center).
All parking is free of charge to all fans.